London Colney school’s quiz triumph
PUPILS from a London Colney primary school are celebrating after pipping six other primary schools to the post in an annual quiz.
The quiz team from Bowmansgreen bring more success to the school whose girls’ football team recently won the treble.
At the final question in a close competition, Bowmansgreen were level with How Wood and success rested on which team could correctly name the largest of Jupiter’s moons.
The six quiz champions correctly answered with Ganymede and stormed to victory.
Headteacher Moira White said: “The team got off to a great start and held their own throughout the quiz. Their general knowledge was very impressive, however it was their teamwork and support of each other that enabled them to win.”
You may also want to watch:
The annual quiz is part of the More 4 U @ St Albans South Consortium, organised by the Extended School Consortium Staff.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant