London Colney school’s quiz triumph
PUPILS from a London Colney primary school are celebrating after pipping six other primary schools to the post in an annual quiz.
The quiz team from Bowmansgreen bring more success to the school whose girls’ football team recently won the treble.
At the final question in a close competition, Bowmansgreen were level with How Wood and success rested on which team could correctly name the largest of Jupiter’s moons.
The six quiz champions correctly answered with Ganymede and stormed to victory.
Headteacher Moira White said: “The team got off to a great start and held their own throughout the quiz. Their general knowledge was very impressive, however it was their teamwork and support of each other that enabled them to win.”
You may also want to watch:
The annual quiz is part of the More 4 U @ St Albans South Consortium, organised by the Extended School Consortium Staff.
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 3 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 4 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 5 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 6 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 7 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 8 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 9 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 10 Property Spotlight: A fine fixer-upper close to popular St Albans schools