London Colney school’s quiz triumph
PUPILS from a London Colney primary school are celebrating after pipping six other primary schools to the post in an annual quiz.
The quiz team from Bowmansgreen bring more success to the school whose girls’ football team recently won the treble.
At the final question in a close competition, Bowmansgreen were level with How Wood and success rested on which team could correctly name the largest of Jupiter’s moons.
The six quiz champions correctly answered with Ganymede and stormed to victory.
Headteacher Moira White said: “The team got off to a great start and held their own throughout the quiz. Their general knowledge was very impressive, however it was their teamwork and support of each other that enabled them to win.”
You may also want to watch:
The annual quiz is part of the More 4 U @ St Albans South Consortium, organised by the Extended School Consortium Staff.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 8 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals