London Colney school running lottery to raise cash for playground equipment
- Credit: Archant
A London Colney school has began its own lottery to raise some cash for new playground equipment.
London Colney Primary and Nursery School has set up its own prize draw, with a guaranteed winner each week.
Parent Helen Pécout said: “As schools struggle with budget cuts, we though this would be a fun and easy way to raise money while involving the community.
“You have a far greater chance of winning than with the National Lottery.”
The lottery is open to anyone over 16 who wants to be in with a chance to win £25,000 in the national school lottery.
Anyone who wishes to enter can visit www.yourschoollottery.co.uk, search for ‘London Colney’ to find the school, and either buy a one-off ticket, or set up a direct debit.
The more people who enter, the bigger the prize fund will be.
The school hopes to use the money to buy new equipment, as well as fund new extra-curricular activities such as music, art, and sport.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 5 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
The first draw will be on Saturday, April 29.