London Colney school running lottery to raise cash for playground equipment
- Credit: Archant
A London Colney school has began its own lottery to raise some cash for new playground equipment.
London Colney Primary and Nursery School has set up its own prize draw, with a guaranteed winner each week.
Parent Helen Pécout said: “As schools struggle with budget cuts, we though this would be a fun and easy way to raise money while involving the community.
“You have a far greater chance of winning than with the National Lottery.”
The lottery is open to anyone over 16 who wants to be in with a chance to win £25,000 in the national school lottery.
Anyone who wishes to enter can visit www.yourschoollottery.co.uk, search for ‘London Colney’ to find the school, and either buy a one-off ticket, or set up a direct debit.
You may also want to watch:
The more people who enter, the bigger the prize fund will be.
The school hopes to use the money to buy new equipment, as well as fund new extra-curricular activities such as music, art, and sport.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
The first draw will be on Saturday, April 29.