London Colney school running lottery to raise cash for playground equipment
- Credit: Archant
A London Colney school has began its own lottery to raise some cash for new playground equipment.
London Colney Primary and Nursery School has set up its own prize draw, with a guaranteed winner each week.
Parent Helen Pécout said: “As schools struggle with budget cuts, we though this would be a fun and easy way to raise money while involving the community.
“You have a far greater chance of winning than with the National Lottery.”
The lottery is open to anyone over 16 who wants to be in with a chance to win £25,000 in the national school lottery.
Anyone who wishes to enter can visit www.yourschoollottery.co.uk, search for ‘London Colney’ to find the school, and either buy a one-off ticket, or set up a direct debit.
You may also want to watch:
The more people who enter, the bigger the prize fund will be.
The school hopes to use the money to buy new equipment, as well as fund new extra-curricular activities such as music, art, and sport.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 St Albans house prices hit record high
The first draw will be on Saturday, April 29.