London Colney primary school turns caravan into library
- Credit: Archant
A lick of paint and some colourful decorations has turned a caravan into a beautiful new mobile library for a St Albans primary school.
The caravan-come-library wheeled its way into London Colney Primary School’s playground on Tuesday where it will stand for many years to come.
It was purchased by the school’s PTA and has been fitted out with a seaside theme by local designers Hattie and Flora Limited.
Headteacher Lisa Valla said: “The children wondered if it was mine.
“They couldn’t believe that we were allowed to keep it.
You may also want to watch:
“They have all been in it and the queue has been 30 children long at lunch and break time. They absolutely love it.”
She added: “Lots of children said they had never been in a caravan before so it was a lovely experience for them.”
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
“It’s an excellent addition for the school.”