London Colney primary school turns caravan into library
- Credit: Archant
A lick of paint and some colourful decorations has turned a caravan into a beautiful new mobile library for a St Albans primary school.
The caravan-come-library wheeled its way into London Colney Primary School’s playground on Tuesday where it will stand for many years to come.
It was purchased by the school’s PTA and has been fitted out with a seaside theme by local designers Hattie and Flora Limited.
Headteacher Lisa Valla said: “The children wondered if it was mine.
“They couldn’t believe that we were allowed to keep it.
You may also want to watch:
“They have all been in it and the queue has been 30 children long at lunch and break time. They absolutely love it.”
She added: “Lots of children said they had never been in a caravan before so it was a lovely experience for them.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
“It’s an excellent addition for the school.”