London Colney primary school turns caravan into library
- Credit: Archant
A lick of paint and some colourful decorations has turned a caravan into a beautiful new mobile library for a St Albans primary school.
The caravan-come-library wheeled its way into London Colney Primary School’s playground on Tuesday where it will stand for many years to come.
It was purchased by the school’s PTA and has been fitted out with a seaside theme by local designers Hattie and Flora Limited.
Headteacher Lisa Valla said: “The children wondered if it was mine.
“They couldn’t believe that we were allowed to keep it.
“They have all been in it and the queue has been 30 children long at lunch and break time. They absolutely love it.”
She added: “Lots of children said they had never been in a caravan before so it was a lovely experience for them.”
- 1 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 5 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 8 Drum kit, CD player and stereo stolen in burglary
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Call for proper testing for new Charter Market stalls
“It’s an excellent addition for the school.”