Inspirational St Albans pupil receives school accolade
- Credit: Photo supplied
After raising more than £5,000 for a cancer charity, an “inspirational” St Albans pupil has received an award for her efforts.
Elouise Wathen, a Year 9 student at Beaumont School, organised a Musical Variety Show at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans.
A spokeswoman for the school explained that, after being touched by family illness, the 14 year old created the event, performed on the day and “ran around, continually organising and ensuring everyone was happy”.
The fast-paced show comprised over 15 acts, including 1950s nostalgia, songs from West End shows, dance, humorous sketches and entertaining musical workshops for children.
The event was a huge success and raised £5,167.85 for MacMillan Cancer Support.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday, July 22, Elouise was not only presented with a gold award for achievement by Beaumont, she also received a formal acknowledgement of her success, which was presented by Mark Russell from Macmillan.
Mark said her fundraising efforts were “remarkable” and that the money will be used to provide support to local people suffering from cancer.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
He added: “She is quite inspirational and a credit to her family and Beaumont School.”
Elouise said: “It was a really challenging task to organise but I didn’t want to give up on the people that it would help. I was so pleased with the outcome and proud of everyone who helped along the way”.