High-flying Harpenden sixth formers in with a chance to win £6,000
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden sixth formers are being offered the chance to win a £6,000 scholarship to the University of Hertfordshire.
Each year the Jarvis Group offers £2,000 a year to the highest-achieving student in the Harpenden and Luton areas.
There is no application process, Harpenden students need only have applied to the university to enter.
Nicola Benstead, who benefited from the programme while studying biomedical science, said: “I have no other source of funding, so really rely on my scholarship to keep me at university.
“It allows me to pay for travel and text books - without it I would have needed to get a full-time job alongside my studies, which would have been a real struggle and would have affected my grades.”
You may also want to watch:
The scholarship was created in 2005, to mark the centenary of the Jarvis Group, a construction firm.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner