High-flying Harpenden sixth formers in with a chance to win £6,000
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden sixth formers are being offered the chance to win a £6,000 scholarship to the University of Hertfordshire.
Each year the Jarvis Group offers £2,000 a year to the highest-achieving student in the Harpenden and Luton areas.
There is no application process, Harpenden students need only have applied to the university to enter.
Nicola Benstead, who benefited from the programme while studying biomedical science, said: “I have no other source of funding, so really rely on my scholarship to keep me at university.
“It allows me to pay for travel and text books - without it I would have needed to get a full-time job alongside my studies, which would have been a real struggle and would have affected my grades.”
You may also want to watch:
The scholarship was created in 2005, to mark the centenary of the Jarvis Group, a construction firm.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 5 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall