Harpenden primary school celebrates excellent results
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden primary school is celebrating its recent results.
The Lea Primary School pupils have gained a 96 per cent attainment level in their latest SATS.
These results included 100 per cent of pupils attaining an age related expectation in maths and in reading.
The new approach to learning introduced by new head James Berry has meant a more inclusive system of classroom observations and more investment in teacher development and support.
Attendance levels are rising and feedback from parents and pupils has been excellent, the school said.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher, James Berry, said: "I am so proud of all we have achieved this year. It has been a great start to my time at the school and is so pleasing to see teachers, governors, pupils, and parents responding so well to the approach we are taking.
"Everyone has worked so hard to get us here. The future potential for our school is extremely exciting."
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden