Harpenden school celebrates new building
- Credit: Archant
A school in Harpenden recently celebrated the opening of its new building.
St Hilda’s School welcomed special guests St Albans Mayor Cllr Annie Brewster, and Lance Thomas, who was previously chairman of the Hitchin and Herts Conservative Association and a Harpenden town councillor before moving to California.
The new building includes six classrooms, an enlarged kitchen and dining area, a separate art room and science lab, extra rooms for IT and group work, and a raft of improvements to the original building.
A release of balloons in the school’s colours completed the celebrations.
Headteacher Carolyn Godlee said: “It took a long time to get planning permission, but this has transformed the school and put St Hilda’s firmly on the map as a centre of excellence for girls aged three to 11.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a very happy, well attended occasion, and we are all delighted at the realisation of this ambitious project.”
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 3 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 4 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 5 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 6 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 7 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
- 8 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 9 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 10 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted