Harpenden school celebrates new building
- Credit: Archant
A school in Harpenden recently celebrated the opening of its new building.
St Hilda’s School welcomed special guests St Albans Mayor Cllr Annie Brewster, and Lance Thomas, who was previously chairman of the Hitchin and Herts Conservative Association and a Harpenden town councillor before moving to California.
The new building includes six classrooms, an enlarged kitchen and dining area, a separate art room and science lab, extra rooms for IT and group work, and a raft of improvements to the original building.
A release of balloons in the school’s colours completed the celebrations.
Headteacher Carolyn Godlee said: “It took a long time to get planning permission, but this has transformed the school and put St Hilda’s firmly on the map as a centre of excellence for girls aged three to 11.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a very happy, well attended occasion, and we are all delighted at the realisation of this ambitious project.”
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions