Harpenden school celebrates new building
- Credit: Archant
A school in Harpenden recently celebrated the opening of its new building.
St Hilda’s School welcomed special guests St Albans Mayor Cllr Annie Brewster, and Lance Thomas, who was previously chairman of the Hitchin and Herts Conservative Association and a Harpenden town councillor before moving to California.
The new building includes six classrooms, an enlarged kitchen and dining area, a separate art room and science lab, extra rooms for IT and group work, and a raft of improvements to the original building.
A release of balloons in the school’s colours completed the celebrations.
Headteacher Carolyn Godlee said: “It took a long time to get planning permission, but this has transformed the school and put St Hilda’s firmly on the map as a centre of excellence for girls aged three to 11.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a very happy, well attended occasion, and we are all delighted at the realisation of this ambitious project.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to
- 10 St Albans man's charity walk in memory of dad who died following heart attack