Harpenden primary celebrates Good Ofsted report
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden primary school has achieved Good in its most recent Ofsted inspection.
Sauncey Wood Primary School has been described as caring and supportive, with a community minded ethos, after its short inspection on June 19.
Ofsted inspector Rachel Welch noted that the school has remained consistent despite a period of upheaval, with staff changes including the appointment of new headteacher Steve Lloyd in 2014.
She said: “Many parents also commented positively upon the difference you and your deputy headteacher have made since you started at the school, due to your ‘dedication, passion and enthusiasm’ and the ‘high standards and values’ you have.
“All staff agreed the school is well led. Staff are proud to be members of the school and enjoy working there. They particularly value that you seek their views, so they feel ‘part of the school journey’, and the importance you place on their well-being.”
You may also want to watch:
She added that steps had been taken to improve writing skills, which were behind maths and reading, and boys learning, which were historically below national average.
The instalment of a Daily Mile running track around the school field earlier this year was evidenced as a great learning tool for physical and mental health.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
Mr Lloyd said he had been expecting the inspection for about two years: “It was a highly intense day and a significant amount of monitoring and scrutinising but the report findings indicate to me the excellent work my team have done to ensure that we remain a good school.”
He noted that since the school’s last Ofsted inspection in 2014, the inspectors expectations have risen.
“Sauncey Wood is more than just a school, it’s the heart of our community and the feedback from the parents fills us with the absolute confidence that their children are at the best place for their education.
“We take care and teach each individual child through an engaging and rich curriculum that is driven by our dedication, passion and enthusiasm.
“I am proud to lead this school and I am excited to see where we can go next.”