Harpenden nursery celebrates outstanding Ofsted report
- Credit: Archant
HAVING a “vibrant and stimulating” centre has helped a Harpenden nursery maintain its “outstanding” rating from Ofsted.
An inspector from the government inspection service has recently heaped praise on Little Stars Nursery, located within the grounds of Rothamsted Research.
Its provision was described as outstanding, with children thriving because of a “wealth of stimulating activities to explore” and strong relationships within the local community.
The nursery is run by Bright Horizons Family Solutions, and although it mainly serves children whose parents work for the research centre, some youngsters attend from nearby towns and villages.
The inspectors said toddlers were encouraged to dig around in the soil to see which bugs they could find, with staff building on youngsters’ enthusiasm for insects.
The report added: “Children have extremely well-developed imaginations and clearly have a lot to say.”
Toddlers recently set up a museum where they made dinosaur bones from baked dough to later excavate in the sand. Nursery manager Alison Russell said she was “really, really pleased” the centre had maintained its outstanding rating from its 2010 inspection.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 3 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 4 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 5 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 6 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 7 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 8 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 9 Return of Harpenden Carnival promises fun for all the family
- 10 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
She paid tribute to staff for being a “fantastic team” and parents for being willing to get involved in activities to show their support for the nursery.