Harpenden nursery celebrates outstanding Ofsted report
- Credit: Archant
HAVING a “vibrant and stimulating” centre has helped a Harpenden nursery maintain its “outstanding” rating from Ofsted.
An inspector from the government inspection service has recently heaped praise on Little Stars Nursery, located within the grounds of Rothamsted Research.
Its provision was described as outstanding, with children thriving because of a “wealth of stimulating activities to explore” and strong relationships within the local community.
The nursery is run by Bright Horizons Family Solutions, and although it mainly serves children whose parents work for the research centre, some youngsters attend from nearby towns and villages.
The inspectors said toddlers were encouraged to dig around in the soil to see which bugs they could find, with staff building on youngsters’ enthusiasm for insects.
You may also want to watch:
The report added: “Children have extremely well-developed imaginations and clearly have a lot to say.”
Toddlers recently set up a museum where they made dinosaur bones from baked dough to later excavate in the sand. Nursery manager Alison Russell said she was “really, really pleased” the centre had maintained its outstanding rating from its 2010 inspection.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
- 9 Harpenden's first Sustainable Market is a scorching success
- 10 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
She paid tribute to staff for being a “fantastic team” and parents for being willing to get involved in activities to show their support for the nursery.