Harpenden Colts are one step closer to floodlit all-weather pitch
- Credit: Archant
A floodlit all-weather pitch for use by Harpenden Colts and the local community as well as Roundwood Park students has come a step closer after a planning application was submitted by the school.
The application for a full-size pitch at the school, which is expected to be determined by St Albans council in May, is to meet the massive demand for training and competitive facilities not just for Roundwood Park students but groups like the Colts.
It will also address the inability of Roundwood Park’s 1250 students to use their playing field throughout the year.
Moira Hart, chair of governors said: “The intention to submit a planning application was announced at a public meeting in June.
“The application was delayed as local residents requested an extensive independent traffic survey be conducted to identify the likely impact
You may also want to watch:
of the new development alongside existing lettings in the evening and at weekends.”
She added: “The school waited until October in order that the survey gave a truer and a more accurate reflection of activity in the evening and at weekends as this is typically a busier lettings period than the summer months”.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
If the planning application is successful, a request for funding will be submitted to the FA.