GCSE results hailed at Loreto and St George’s
- Credit: Photo supplied
STUDENTS at St George’s School in Harpenden and Loreto College in St Albans are celebrating “outstanding” GCSE results, including one pupil who received 11 A* grades.
A spokesperson for Loreto College, Hatfield Road, said: “We are delighted for our students as we celebrate our best ever GCSE results.
“And a special well done to Abigail Agbabiaka who achieved 11 A* grades.”
At St George’s School, Sun Lane in Harpenden, 48 per cent of GCSE entries were awarded A* or A, with 18 students gaining all A* and A grades.
Headmaster Raymond McGovern said: “We are very proud of the excellent examination performance of our students.
You may also want to watch:
“The results are testimony of the hard work and dedication of staff at St George’s in supporting students.
“This is particularly rewarding in a year when achieving top grades in the examinations have been made more difficult.”
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 3 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 4 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 5 Seven-up for Devine as Colney Heath reach final of spring cup
- 6 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 7 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 8 Colney Heath up for the cup says boss but plan is also to carry form into next year
- 9 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 10 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease