GCSE results hailed at Loreto and St George’s
- Credit: Photo supplied
STUDENTS at St George’s School in Harpenden and Loreto College in St Albans are celebrating “outstanding” GCSE results, including one pupil who received 11 A* grades.
A spokesperson for Loreto College, Hatfield Road, said: “We are delighted for our students as we celebrate our best ever GCSE results.
“And a special well done to Abigail Agbabiaka who achieved 11 A* grades.”
At St George’s School, Sun Lane in Harpenden, 48 per cent of GCSE entries were awarded A* or A, with 18 students gaining all A* and A grades.
Headmaster Raymond McGovern said: “We are very proud of the excellent examination performance of our students.
You may also want to watch:
“The results are testimony of the hard work and dedication of staff at St George’s in supporting students.
“This is particularly rewarding in a year when achieving top grades in the examinations have been made more difficult.”
- 1 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 2 What to expect with pupils heading back to the classroom
- 3 Residents' misery after disruption on former Butterfly World site
- 4 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 5 Tributes paid following death of 'warm and polite' Redbourn councillor
- 6 Blooming Burnham flower tributes 'spread love not lurgies'
- 7 St Albans' COVID cases decline considerably as roadmap out of lockdown announced
- 8 Harpenden receives high praise from Health Secretary over vaccine
- 9 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 10 Renewed promises made across three generations of Herts guides