GCSE results hailed at Loreto and St George’s
- Credit: Photo supplied
STUDENTS at St George’s School in Harpenden and Loreto College in St Albans are celebrating “outstanding” GCSE results, including one pupil who received 11 A* grades.
A spokesperson for Loreto College, Hatfield Road, said: “We are delighted for our students as we celebrate our best ever GCSE results.
“And a special well done to Abigail Agbabiaka who achieved 11 A* grades.”
At St George’s School, Sun Lane in Harpenden, 48 per cent of GCSE entries were awarded A* or A, with 18 students gaining all A* and A grades.
Headmaster Raymond McGovern said: “We are very proud of the excellent examination performance of our students.
You may also want to watch:
“The results are testimony of the hard work and dedication of staff at St George’s in supporting students.
“This is particularly rewarding in a year when achieving top grades in the examinations have been made more difficult.”
- 1 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 4 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 5 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 6 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 7 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 8 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
- 9 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 10 Campaigners continue fight for 20mph limits on county's roads