GCSE results bring relief at Sir John Lawes
- Credit: Photo supplied
STUDENTS at Sir John Lawes School in Harpenden were both thrilled and relieved to find their hard work repaid by excellent GCSE results this morning (Thursday).
After the tense wait of the last few weeks, friends laughed and congratulated each other on impressive strings of grades at the school, located on Manland Way.
Amongst those celebrating were the 26 students who achieved nine or more A* and A grades.
Josh Sambrook, who scored 11A*s, said: “I’m totally delighted with my results and really looking forward to moving into the 6th form to continue my studies with all my friends.”
Head teacher Claire Robins described the students as an outstanding group of young people, adding: “They have not only worked hard throughout their careers but have also given a huge amount back to the school through their involvement in all aspects of school life.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re as proud of the role models they have become to younger students as we are of their excellent grades.”
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 7 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 10 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder