GCSE Results 2016 - Sandringham School students celebrate top scores
- Credit: Archant
Sixth form beckons for Sandringham School students after an excellent run of GCSE results.
Among those who scored highly was Benji Watkins, who received 11 A* grades: “It’s really good, I wasn’t expecting it. I was so surprised and proud with my history. I was devastated when I walked out the exam, I thought I had done it badly and I somehow got 100 per cent. I also got full marks in computer science which I’m really proud of. At A-Level I’m going to do maths, chemistry, biology, history and EPQ.”
Nisha Nagaraj received 10 A*s and one A grades: “I’m excited, my result are really good and I am doing English literature, biology, chemistry and maths in Sixth Form. I ’m proud of my history as I didn’t think I’d done it as well as I could but I got full marks.”
Isabella Diana said: “I’m ecstatic. I’ve got 10 A*s and one A. I’m extremely surprised but ecstatic. English and history were my biggest surprises. I’m proudest of my English literature result. I got an A but I found it the hardest subject and had to work really hard for it. I’m taking A Levels in geography, chemistry, maths and biology in Sixth Form”
James Allen added: “I got nine A*s and three As – I don’t think I could have done any better. I’m proudest of my English language. I found it really hard but managed to improve massively since my mock.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m proud that I got three A*s in the sciences too. I’m going to take maths, physics and economics next year – but I’m not sure about the fourth now because of my results”.
Headteacher Alan Gray said: “A significant number of students gained straight A* and A grades under the new-style qualifications. These outstanding results are due to the significant efforts of students throughout their time at Sandringham and the hard work and expertise of the teaching staff. I am delighted they have done so well and look forward to following their progress and success in the sixth form over the next two years.”
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival