GCSE Results 2016 - Nicholas Breakspear get top marks for third year running
- Credit: Archant
Students at Nicholas Breakspear Catholic School in St Albans have achieved record results for the third year in a row.
This year’s GCSE marks exceeded government targets with a number of students scoring grades A* and A.
Pupil Ewan Wilson, who achieved the highest grades in the year, said: “I would like to thank all my teachers who have supported me on my journey.
“These grades have enabled me to continue my education at Nicholas Breakspear Sixth Form, where I will be studying maths, history and biology.”
Headteacher, Declan Linnane, added: “I am incredibly proud of this year group as they have achieved record-breaking results.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to thank the teachers and support staff who have taught and guided our students so effectively.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Green light given to new hospital project
- 7 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved