GCSE Results 2016 - Nicholas Breakspear get top marks for third year running
- Credit: Archant
Students at Nicholas Breakspear Catholic School in St Albans have achieved record results for the third year in a row.
This year’s GCSE marks exceeded government targets with a number of students scoring grades A* and A.
Pupil Ewan Wilson, who achieved the highest grades in the year, said: “I would like to thank all my teachers who have supported me on my journey.
“These grades have enabled me to continue my education at Nicholas Breakspear Sixth Form, where I will be studying maths, history and biology.”
Headteacher, Declan Linnane, added: “I am incredibly proud of this year group as they have achieved record-breaking results.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to thank the teachers and support staff who have taught and guided our students so effectively.”
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared