GCSE Results 2014: Verulam School in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Verulam School pupils have made “excellent progress in English and maths” according to headmaster Paul Ramsey, who has praised his students’ GCSE results.
There were plenty of smiles at the school today, where pupils started the day in celebratory mood with over one-third receiving A* or A grades in maths.
More than 90 per cent of pupils achieved their expected progress in English, while 85 per cent met their goals in maths.
Paul said he was pleased the school had again surpassed its rigorous targets.
He added: “I am pleased that the boys’ hard work has been rewarded and that their progress in English and mathematics has been so pronounced.
You may also want to watch:
“The boys should also be very proud of their improved performance in science, languages and technology.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 10 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations