GCSE Results 2014: Roundwood Park School Harpenden
- Credit: photo supplied
Roundwood Park School in Harpenden has received record GCSE results this year.
Among students celebrating success today were Nathan Dumpleton and Tom Fisher, who gained 21 A* grades between them.
Meanwhile, Rosie Archer received four A*s and six A grades; Ruby Plumb celebrated six A*s and five As while fellow pupil Lucy Ackrill was very happy with receiving seven A*s and four A grades.
Headteacher Alan Henshall said that more students than ever had achieved the headline A*-C grades including English and maths.
He added: “We also have obtained a greater number of A* and A grades than before.
Alan said he was proud of all his students including those who had achieved the grades they needed to get their college places.
He went on: “Our students and staff have worked incredibly hard to gain this outcome.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 10 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
“I want to wish every one of our students happiness and success whether they are staying in our sixth form or leaving to go to college or apprenticeships.”