GCSE Results 2014: Roundwood Park School Harpenden
- Credit: photo supplied
Roundwood Park School in Harpenden has received record GCSE results this year.
Among students celebrating success today were Nathan Dumpleton and Tom Fisher, who gained 21 A* grades between them.
Meanwhile, Rosie Archer received four A*s and six A grades; Ruby Plumb celebrated six A*s and five As while fellow pupil Lucy Ackrill was very happy with receiving seven A*s and four A grades.
Headteacher Alan Henshall said that more students than ever had achieved the headline A*-C grades including English and maths.
He added: “We also have obtained a greater number of A* and A grades than before.
You may also want to watch:
Alan said he was proud of all his students including those who had achieved the grades they needed to get their college places.
He went on: “Our students and staff have worked incredibly hard to gain this outcome.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 Dirty Dancing and The Greatest Showman among St Albans open-air cinema screenings
- 3 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Mental Health Awareness Week: Easing children’s worries and fears after lockdown
- 6 Author explores city's hidden history
- 7 Whipsnade Zoo to celebrate 90th birthday with fun family activities
- 8 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 9 Olympic hopeful Raissa Vickery benefits from 948 Sports Foundation help
- 10 Council elections: who are St Albans Liberal Democrat candidates?
“I want to wish every one of our students happiness and success whether they are staying in our sixth form or leaving to go to college or apprenticeships.”