NewsHound: Fairytale competition amid school Coronavirus shut-down
- Credit: Archant
With the schools closing, NewsHound is launching a weekly educational competition that will help you to keep your children occupied during this time of uncertainty.
Each week we will give parents some background on the activity to help you feel confident supporting your little learner to complete the challenge we set.
The challenges will be as open-ended as possible so that children of all ages can complete them and also linked to the National Curriculum literacy programme.
You can then send in your entry to us. We will publish some of the entries and pick a winner.
This week’s competition challenge is: Write a modern day fairytale
You may also want to watch:
First, read a fairytale to your child or watch one on youtube - Goldilocks or The Three Little Pigs are good ones.
Ask them some questions such as “What did you notice about this story?” and “What did you spot about the way it ended?”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- A fairytale has a beginning, a middle and an end.
- A fairytale has a baddie and a goodie in the story.
- A fairytale often has a happy ending.
- A fairytale sometimes has a moral lesson or message in it.
- If you are looking for an extra challenge, try and include a relevant issue for 2020 such as plastic use, for example.
Send it into us by Monday March 30 at email@example.com