Ex-England footballer and Sky Sports pundit Jamie Redknapp visits Harpenden school
- Credit: Archant
Ex-England footballer and Sky Sports pundit Jamie Redknapp paid a visit to Harpenden to recognise some sporty schoolchildren.
Roundwood Park School pupils met the sports personality at the school’s annual Sportsperson’s Dinner on Wednesday, December 6.
Head of PE Matt Hunter said “This was a lovely night of celebration, which I know our students greatly enjoyed and fully appreciated.
“Jamie generously gave up his evening to speak to our students. “The message he put across was one of hard work paying off, which was a brilliant one for them to receive.
“He spoke superbly, was very engaging and highly personable. A true gentleman.”
You may also want to watch:
He helped give out awards to children who were recognised as having excelled in sport in 2017.
Pupils then got the chance to ask him questions, offering them an insight into the world of elite sport.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans