Ex-England footballer and Sky Sports pundit Jamie Redknapp visits Harpenden school
- Credit: Archant
Ex-England footballer and Sky Sports pundit Jamie Redknapp paid a visit to Harpenden to recognise some sporty schoolchildren.
Roundwood Park School pupils met the sports personality at the school’s annual Sportsperson’s Dinner on Wednesday, December 6.
Head of PE Matt Hunter said “This was a lovely night of celebration, which I know our students greatly enjoyed and fully appreciated.
“Jamie generously gave up his evening to speak to our students. “The message he put across was one of hard work paying off, which was a brilliant one for them to receive.
“He spoke superbly, was very engaging and highly personable. A true gentleman.”
You may also want to watch:
He helped give out awards to children who were recognised as having excelled in sport in 2017.
Pupils then got the chance to ask him questions, offering them an insight into the world of elite sport.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 Jon Clements back with his 'family' as Colney Heath announce four signings for first Southern League campaign