Ex-Arsenal vice chariman visits St Albans school
- Credit: Archant
Former Arsenal vice chairman, David Dein, proved to be an inspirational speaker when he visited a St Albans academy to speak to older students.
The visit was organised as part of the Samuel Ryder Academy’s ongoing speakers programme to enrich the curriculum and Mr Dein delivered a stimulating talk to the students who enjoyed hearing about his life experience and achievements.
One Year 11 student said: “It was amazing to hear about his involvement in the phenomenal success of the Premier League since its inception; to being instrumental in decisions that have changed football on both the national and international stage.”
Mr Dein’s talk wasn’t just for football fans - he used his experience during his career as a vehicle to expertly weave advice to the students in the audience.
Head of Sixth Form, Helen Potter, said: “As a teacher I was pleased to see that his message of take pride in your work was related to students and the work they produce every day. Mr Dein commented on how successful footballers succeed due to their attitude and behaviour - and he was keen to stress that taking pride in your work starts at school.
You may also want to watch:
“Mr Dein left the students in no doubt that the attributes for success are the same regardless of profession; being the best you can be, the strength of teamwork and pride in all that you do.”
As he was leaving, Mr Dein said; “I was delighted to have the opportunity to speak to the students at Samuel Ryder. I was really impressed by the manner with which they conducted themselves throughout and the questions they asked were thoughtful and insightful. It was a pleasure.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden