Encouraging young women into sport with professional netball training near St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Professional netball players have teamed up with a sports centre near St Albans to try and encourage young women into sport.
Youngsters aged 10 to 13 will have the opportunity to train at the Redbourn Leisure Centre with the Hertfordshire Mavericks - one of the top eight teams in England and Wales, known as a Netball Superleague Team.
Sessions will take place from April 11 to 13, and have been organised between Everyone Active and the mavericks.
They hope to engage 20,000 more girls and women in netball over the next three years.
Everyone Active general manager, Anona Lundgren, said: “With studies showing that fewer women and young people are now regularly playing sport, Everyone Active are committed to offering opportunities to change this.
You may also want to watch:
“The Easter Netball sessions will help to engage children at a younger age in sport, and offer them the opportunity to have fun and socialise whilst getting active.”
The East camp is £80 per player for three days - book at 01582 626202 or click here.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly