Edge Grove school in Radlett rated ‘excellent’ in all areas following inspection
- Credit: Archant
A leading independent prep school has been marked out as ‘excellent’ in a recent inspection by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI).
Pupils at Edge Grove school in Radlett ticked all the right boxes for observers who described them as ‘caring, polite and exceptionally well behaved.’
The care and attention demonstrated towards their learning was also praised.
In addition, ISI representatives were impressed by the range and quality of curricular and extra-curricular activities being offered by the school.
The school received ‘excellent’ ratings in five further categories judged by the inspectors; boarding provisions, quality of governance, achievement of children at the Early Years foundation stage, pastoral care and links with parents.
You may also want to watch:
The spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of the pupils was also observed as excellent.
Ben Evans, headmaster at Edge Grove said: “Being rated as ‘excellent’ in all areas is a fantastic achievement for the school as it is not something that is easily achieved.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
“The outcome of this result makes us a leading prep school nationally and demonstrates the incredible and consistent commitment, professionalism and that our staff deliver day to day; I’m immensely proud.”
The full report is available via the school’s website www.edgegrove.com.