Edge Grove school in Radlett rated ‘excellent’ in all areas following inspection
- Credit: Archant
A leading independent prep school has been marked out as ‘excellent’ in a recent inspection by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI).
Pupils at Edge Grove school in Radlett ticked all the right boxes for observers who described them as ‘caring, polite and exceptionally well behaved.’
The care and attention demonstrated towards their learning was also praised.
In addition, ISI representatives were impressed by the range and quality of curricular and extra-curricular activities being offered by the school.
The school received ‘excellent’ ratings in five further categories judged by the inspectors; boarding provisions, quality of governance, achievement of children at the Early Years foundation stage, pastoral care and links with parents.
The spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of the pupils was also observed as excellent.
Ben Evans, headmaster at Edge Grove said: “Being rated as ‘excellent’ in all areas is a fantastic achievement for the school as it is not something that is easily achieved.
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 6 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Woodland access saved by Chiswell Green campaigner
“The outcome of this result makes us a leading prep school nationally and demonstrates the incredible and consistent commitment, professionalism and that our staff deliver day to day; I’m immensely proud.”
The full report is available via the school’s website www.edgegrove.com.