Edge Grove school in Radlett rated ‘excellent’ in all areas following inspection
- Credit: Archant
A leading independent prep school has been marked out as ‘excellent’ in a recent inspection by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI).
Pupils at Edge Grove school in Radlett ticked all the right boxes for observers who described them as ‘caring, polite and exceptionally well behaved.’
The care and attention demonstrated towards their learning was also praised.
In addition, ISI representatives were impressed by the range and quality of curricular and extra-curricular activities being offered by the school.
The school received ‘excellent’ ratings in five further categories judged by the inspectors; boarding provisions, quality of governance, achievement of children at the Early Years foundation stage, pastoral care and links with parents.
The spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of the pupils was also observed as excellent.
Ben Evans, headmaster at Edge Grove said: “Being rated as ‘excellent’ in all areas is a fantastic achievement for the school as it is not something that is easily achieved.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 5 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 6 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 9 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 10 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
“The outcome of this result makes us a leading prep school nationally and demonstrates the incredible and consistent commitment, professionalism and that our staff deliver day to day; I’m immensely proud.”
The full report is available via the school’s website www.edgegrove.com.