Delight at Sir John Lawes
SIR John Lawes School s students and staff have been delighted by their GCSE and A-Level results. Head Claire Robins said: This year s results represent the culmination of a huge amount of hard work on the part of the teachers and students and we are del
SIR John Lawes School's students and staff have been delighted by their GCSE and A-Level results.
Head Claire Robins said: "This year's results represent the culmination of a huge amount of hard work on the part of the teachers and students and we are delighted that so many of the children have done even better than we hoped they would. Our A-Level students are looking forward to starting their new university courses and with the success of our GCSE students, we will have our biggest ever sixth form from September."
Among the many students who achieved straight A*s or As in their GCSEs, one of the most impressive was Gwen Jing, who not only achieved seven A*s and six As but also bagged three As at AS-Level as well. Paul Rulier-Milan, who only arrived at the school two years ago with French as his first language, achieved 11 higher-grade passes, including two A*s.
Celebrating her success, student Natalie Blanchard said: "I'm very happy. Without the school, I don't think I would have been able to achieve the results I have."
You may also want to watch:
On being offered his place in the sixth form, Freddie Warner said: "I can't believe it - I'm dead chuffed.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 4 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 5 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 6 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 10 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead