Daleks invade Radlett Centre accompanied by EastEnders star
LOCAL school children gathered at the Radlett Centre recently, to show off their talents at the annual Variety Club Eisteddfod.
Every year, children from up to 10 schools in the area take part in the event, which sees them devise and perform an act of their choice to the other participants.
Nine schools took part this year, including Radlett Lodge and Nicholas Breakspear.
Themes chosen by the youngsters included The Wizard of Oz and the upcoming Olympic and Paralympic games.
As a reward for all their hard work, the children got the chance to meet EastEnders star Derek Martin aka Charlie Slater.
They also got to have their picture taken with some Daleks, which had been brought in by local collector and son of the event organiser, Julie Banes.
Julie, who has been organising the event for the last 25 years, said: “It’s a huge morale boost for the students who take part and it’s quite tear-jerking to watch. They all did a marvellous job and gave it 100 per cent.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead