Daleks invade Radlett Centre accompanied by EastEnders star
LOCAL school children gathered at the Radlett Centre recently, to show off their talents at the annual Variety Club Eisteddfod.
Every year, children from up to 10 schools in the area take part in the event, which sees them devise and perform an act of their choice to the other participants.
Nine schools took part this year, including Radlett Lodge and Nicholas Breakspear.
Themes chosen by the youngsters included The Wizard of Oz and the upcoming Olympic and Paralympic games.
As a reward for all their hard work, the children got the chance to meet EastEnders star Derek Martin aka Charlie Slater.
You may also want to watch:
They also got to have their picture taken with some Daleks, which had been brought in by local collector and son of the event organiser, Julie Banes.
Julie, who has been organising the event for the last 25 years, said: “It’s a huge morale boost for the students who take part and it’s quite tear-jerking to watch. They all did a marvellous job and gave it 100 per cent.”
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier