Daleks invade Radlett Centre accompanied by EastEnders star
LOCAL school children gathered at the Radlett Centre recently, to show off their talents at the annual Variety Club Eisteddfod.
Every year, children from up to 10 schools in the area take part in the event, which sees them devise and perform an act of their choice to the other participants.
Nine schools took part this year, including Radlett Lodge and Nicholas Breakspear.
Themes chosen by the youngsters included The Wizard of Oz and the upcoming Olympic and Paralympic games.
As a reward for all their hard work, the children got the chance to meet EastEnders star Derek Martin aka Charlie Slater.
You may also want to watch:
They also got to have their picture taken with some Daleks, which had been brought in by local collector and son of the event organiser, Julie Banes.
Julie, who has been organising the event for the last 25 years, said: “It’s a huge morale boost for the students who take part and it’s quite tear-jerking to watch. They all did a marvellous job and gave it 100 per cent.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears