Daleks invade Radlett Centre accompanied by EastEnders star
LOCAL school children gathered at the Radlett Centre recently, to show off their talents at the annual Variety Club Eisteddfod.
Every year, children from up to 10 schools in the area take part in the event, which sees them devise and perform an act of their choice to the other participants.
Nine schools took part this year, including Radlett Lodge and Nicholas Breakspear.
Themes chosen by the youngsters included The Wizard of Oz and the upcoming Olympic and Paralympic games.
As a reward for all their hard work, the children got the chance to meet EastEnders star Derek Martin aka Charlie Slater.
You may also want to watch:
They also got to have their picture taken with some Daleks, which had been brought in by local collector and son of the event organiser, Julie Banes.
Julie, who has been organising the event for the last 25 years, said: “It’s a huge morale boost for the students who take part and it’s quite tear-jerking to watch. They all did a marvellous job and gave it 100 per cent.”
- 1 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 2 GP to retire after 52 years in the NHS
- 3 St Albans named among best UK places to raise a baby
- 4 Property Spotlight: A huge family home on a sought-after St Albans street
- 5 St Albans MP describes fire safety row as ‘national scandal of epic proportions’
- 6 Why have police failed to prosecute over destruction of Smallford Pits wildlife site?
- 7 Hertfordshire estate agency chain acquires local rival
- 8 Housing boom sees St Albans homes earning more than their owners
- 9 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 10 Youth engagement event marks Stephen Lawrence Day in St Albans