Daleks invade Radlett Centre accompanied by EastEnders star
LOCAL school children gathered at the Radlett Centre recently, to show off their talents at the annual Variety Club Eisteddfod.
Every year, children from up to 10 schools in the area take part in the event, which sees them devise and perform an act of their choice to the other participants.
Nine schools took part this year, including Radlett Lodge and Nicholas Breakspear.
Themes chosen by the youngsters included The Wizard of Oz and the upcoming Olympic and Paralympic games.
As a reward for all their hard work, the children got the chance to meet EastEnders star Derek Martin aka Charlie Slater.
You may also want to watch:
They also got to have their picture taken with some Daleks, which had been brought in by local collector and son of the event organiser, Julie Banes.
Julie, who has been organising the event for the last 25 years, said: “It’s a huge morale boost for the students who take part and it’s quite tear-jerking to watch. They all did a marvellous job and gave it 100 per cent.”
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 Green light given to new hospital project
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 9 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure