Children graduate from St Albans nursery
- Credit: Archant
Children leaving a St Albans day nursery had a graduation ceremony at the bandstand in Clarence Park.
The pupils, who graduated from Grasshoppers Day Nursery in York Road, said an emotional farewell to staff at the red carpet ceremony.
They wore mortar board hats and gowns, and collected certificates while being cheered on by their parents.
Nursery manager April Hughes said: “It’s always emotional to watch the children you have cared for, ready to move on.
“Today we can celebrate the fact that our children are happy, confident and ready for the next exciting steps in their learning journey. Saying goodbye was very difficult.”
You may also want to watch:
Grasshoppers Nursery, which looks after children from the age of six weeks to five years, has a ‘school readiness’ programme, which aims to prepare children for their transition into school. The graduation celebrates how far the children have progressed over the year.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 7 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 8 Shortages crisis hits district
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers