Bright futures ahead for Sir John Lawes students after A-level success
- Credit: Archant
STUDENTS from Sir John Lawes in Harpenden are this morning celebrating their “excellent” A-levels and AS-level results.
Among the success stories is head boy Damiano Sogaro, whose five A* and A grades will see him studying Law at Cambridge in September.
He said: “I’m so pleased that the hard work has paid off and my seven years at Sir John Lawes has got me where I wanted to go.”
Damiano is joined in his Oxbridge success by deputy head boy Jamie Carr and Bharadwaj Ramanathan who both achieved five A and A* grades.
Many other pupils also achieved three or more A and A* grades allowing them to take up university places on some of the most competitive courses.
You may also want to watch:
Rachel Waldram who will be studying medicine at Leeds University said: “I can’t believe I’m actually going to medical school after wanting to be a doctor for so long!”
Paying tribute to the students’ hard work, Cait Rickard, head of sixth form, commented: “As a teaching staff we have always been impressed by the levels of commitment shown by this year group and they thoroughly deserve these excellent results.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
“We look forward to seeing what they go on to achieve in their undoubtedly bright futures.”