Bright futures ahead for Sir John Lawes students after A-level success
- Credit: Archant
STUDENTS from Sir John Lawes in Harpenden are this morning celebrating their “excellent” A-levels and AS-level results.
Among the success stories is head boy Damiano Sogaro, whose five A* and A grades will see him studying Law at Cambridge in September.
He said: “I’m so pleased that the hard work has paid off and my seven years at Sir John Lawes has got me where I wanted to go.”
Damiano is joined in his Oxbridge success by deputy head boy Jamie Carr and Bharadwaj Ramanathan who both achieved five A and A* grades.
Many other pupils also achieved three or more A and A* grades allowing them to take up university places on some of the most competitive courses.
You may also want to watch:
Rachel Waldram who will be studying medicine at Leeds University said: “I can’t believe I’m actually going to medical school after wanting to be a doctor for so long!”
Paying tribute to the students’ hard work, Cait Rickard, head of sixth form, commented: “As a teaching staff we have always been impressed by the levels of commitment shown by this year group and they thoroughly deserve these excellent results.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 Dirty Dancing and The Greatest Showman among St Albans open-air cinema screenings
- 3 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Mental Health Awareness Week: Easing children’s worries and fears after lockdown
- 6 Whipsnade Zoo to celebrate 90th birthday with fun family activities
- 7 Author explores city's hidden history
- 8 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 9 Olympic hopeful Raissa Vickery benefits from 948 Sports Foundation help
- 10 Council elections: who are St Albans Liberal Democrat candidates?
“We look forward to seeing what they go on to achieve in their undoubtedly bright futures.”