Bright futures ahead for Sir John Lawes students after A-level success
- Credit: Archant
STUDENTS from Sir John Lawes in Harpenden are this morning celebrating their “excellent” A-levels and AS-level results.
Among the success stories is head boy Damiano Sogaro, whose five A* and A grades will see him studying Law at Cambridge in September.
He said: “I’m so pleased that the hard work has paid off and my seven years at Sir John Lawes has got me where I wanted to go.”
Damiano is joined in his Oxbridge success by deputy head boy Jamie Carr and Bharadwaj Ramanathan who both achieved five A and A* grades.
Many other pupils also achieved three or more A and A* grades allowing them to take up university places on some of the most competitive courses.
Rachel Waldram who will be studying medicine at Leeds University said: “I can’t believe I’m actually going to medical school after wanting to be a doctor for so long!”
Paying tribute to the students’ hard work, Cait Rickard, head of sixth form, commented: “As a teaching staff we have always been impressed by the levels of commitment shown by this year group and they thoroughly deserve these excellent results.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 10 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
“We look forward to seeing what they go on to achieve in their undoubtedly bright futures.”