Bright futures ahead for Sir John Lawes students after A-level success
- Credit: Archant
STUDENTS from Sir John Lawes in Harpenden are this morning celebrating their “excellent” A-levels and AS-level results.
Among the success stories is head boy Damiano Sogaro, whose five A* and A grades will see him studying Law at Cambridge in September.
He said: “I’m so pleased that the hard work has paid off and my seven years at Sir John Lawes has got me where I wanted to go.”
Damiano is joined in his Oxbridge success by deputy head boy Jamie Carr and Bharadwaj Ramanathan who both achieved five A and A* grades.
Many other pupils also achieved three or more A and A* grades allowing them to take up university places on some of the most competitive courses.
You may also want to watch:
Rachel Waldram who will be studying medicine at Leeds University said: “I can’t believe I’m actually going to medical school after wanting to be a doctor for so long!”
Paying tribute to the students’ hard work, Cait Rickard, head of sixth form, commented: “As a teaching staff we have always been impressed by the levels of commitment shown by this year group and they thoroughly deserve these excellent results.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
“We look forward to seeing what they go on to achieve in their undoubtedly bright futures.”