Biff, Chip and Kipper illustrator visits Harpenden school
- Credit: Photo supplied
THE illustrator of much-loved Biff, Chip and Kipper stories visited a Harpenden primary school recently to share his artistic skills with youngsters.
Nick Schon, who has illustrated over 120 children’s books – on sale in more than 30 countries – along with advertising and political cartoons, was at The Lea Primary School and Nursery, Moorland Road.
Head teacher Sharon Swinson said: “We had a fabulous day when Nick visited at the start of our school’s Book Week.
“Nick is best known for his illustrations of Biff, Chip and Kipper – the main characters in the Oxford Reading Tree story books.
“He spent time with all of our classes from reception to Year 6, discussing books, creating stories and drawing the illustrations.
You may also want to watch:
“The children have been inspired to write and illustrate some amazing stories this week and had good fun.”
The much-loved Biff, Chip and Kipper stories have taught millions of children to read, and have been used in over 80 per cent of UK’s primary schools.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash