Biff, Chip and Kipper illustrator visits Harpenden school
- Credit: Photo supplied
THE illustrator of much-loved Biff, Chip and Kipper stories visited a Harpenden primary school recently to share his artistic skills with youngsters.
Nick Schon, who has illustrated over 120 children’s books – on sale in more than 30 countries – along with advertising and political cartoons, was at The Lea Primary School and Nursery, Moorland Road.
Head teacher Sharon Swinson said: “We had a fabulous day when Nick visited at the start of our school’s Book Week.
“Nick is best known for his illustrations of Biff, Chip and Kipper – the main characters in the Oxford Reading Tree story books.
“He spent time with all of our classes from reception to Year 6, discussing books, creating stories and drawing the illustrations.
You may also want to watch:
“The children have been inspired to write and illustrate some amazing stories this week and had good fun.”
The much-loved Biff, Chip and Kipper stories have taught millions of children to read, and have been used in over 80 per cent of UK’s primary schools.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 5 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 6 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 9 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 10 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common