Best A-level results for years at Townsend School, St Albans
TOWNSEND School is celebrating its best A-level exam results in recent years.
More students than before have met or exceeded their target grades.
Outstanding pupils included Rosie McNeillis who achieved three A grades including an A* grade and hopes to go to UEA to study medicine, and Alexander Howlett who achieved an A and two B grades and will be going to Loughborough University to study aeronautical engineering.
Head of sixth form Phil Parker credited the successes to the hard work of the students and the staff at the school.
“All of the students have become increasingly focused on their work this year and we look forward to this trend continuing.”
You may also want to watch:
This is an exciting time for the sixth form at Townsend School as a new Sixth Form Learning Centre is nearing completion and should provide an excellent working environment for the students in the years to come.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 Seven-up for Devine as Colney Heath reach final of spring cup
- 6 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 7 Colney Heath up for the cup says boss but plan is also to carry form into next year
- 8 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 9 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 10 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease