Best A-level results for years at Townsend School, St Albans
TOWNSEND School is celebrating its best A-level exam results in recent years.
More students than before have met or exceeded their target grades.
Outstanding pupils included Rosie McNeillis who achieved three A grades including an A* grade and hopes to go to UEA to study medicine, and Alexander Howlett who achieved an A and two B grades and will be going to Loughborough University to study aeronautical engineering.
Head of sixth form Phil Parker credited the successes to the hard work of the students and the staff at the school.
“All of the students have become increasingly focused on their work this year and we look forward to this trend continuing.”
This is an exciting time for the sixth form at Townsend School as a new Sixth Form Learning Centre is nearing completion and should provide an excellent working environment for the students in the years to come.
- 1 Comment: Sad times as St Albans faces the loss of another pub
- 2 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 3 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 4 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 5 Too many dogs – when is enough, enough?
- 6 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 7 Allinson ‘immensely proud’ despite St Albans City’s FA Cup exit
- 8 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 9 Boreham Wood 4-0 St Albans City: FA Cup fairy tale comes to an end for The Saints
- 10 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network