Beaumont School pupils performing at St Albans organ festival
- Credit: Archant
A talented Beaumont School troup are combining Gerry Anderson and William Shakespeare for a puppet performance of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
The pupils will be performing at the St Albans organ festival, which also features performances by several cathedral choirs and London orchestras.
Drama teacher Ailsa McPhee said: “It’s been an interesting journey. They make the puppets themselves, so it’s been very hands-on.
“They stage manage it themselves, they do voices, they puppet. They run it themselves. They’re brilliant!
“I thought the students would have to voice and operate their puppet, but you don’t, you work as a pair.”
The pupils, aged between 11 and 15, have been working with the Young People’s Puppet Theatre to put on the play.
It will run for two days: Monday, July 17 at 6pm, and Tuesday, July 18 at 7.30pm, at the Maltings theatre.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead
Tickets cost £10, with a concession price of £8. For more information, visit www.organfestival.com