Beaumont School pupils performing at St Albans organ festival
- Credit: Archant
A talented Beaumont School troup are combining Gerry Anderson and William Shakespeare for a puppet performance of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
The pupils will be performing at the St Albans organ festival, which also features performances by several cathedral choirs and London orchestras.
Drama teacher Ailsa McPhee said: “It’s been an interesting journey. They make the puppets themselves, so it’s been very hands-on.
“They stage manage it themselves, they do voices, they puppet. They run it themselves. They’re brilliant!
“I thought the students would have to voice and operate their puppet, but you don’t, you work as a pair.”
You may also want to watch:
The pupils, aged between 11 and 15, have been working with the Young People’s Puppet Theatre to put on the play.
It will run for two days: Monday, July 17 at 6pm, and Tuesday, July 18 at 7.30pm, at the Maltings theatre.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
Tickets cost £10, with a concession price of £8. For more information, visit www.organfestival.com