Beaumont School pupils performing at St Albans organ festival
- Credit: Archant
A talented Beaumont School troup are combining Gerry Anderson and William Shakespeare for a puppet performance of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
The pupils will be performing at the St Albans organ festival, which also features performances by several cathedral choirs and London orchestras.
Drama teacher Ailsa McPhee said: “It’s been an interesting journey. They make the puppets themselves, so it’s been very hands-on.
“They stage manage it themselves, they do voices, they puppet. They run it themselves. They’re brilliant!
“I thought the students would have to voice and operate their puppet, but you don’t, you work as a pair.”
You may also want to watch:
The pupils, aged between 11 and 15, have been working with the Young People’s Puppet Theatre to put on the play.
It will run for two days: Monday, July 17 at 6pm, and Tuesday, July 18 at 7.30pm, at the Maltings theatre.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 9 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
Tickets cost £10, with a concession price of £8. For more information, visit www.organfestival.com