Award for St Albans school PA
THE administrative skills that have been fundamental to the successful running of a school in St Albans have been recognised with a national award.
Janet Butterworth, PA to the headteacher at the Links Education Support Centre, has been awarded PA of the Year (Silver Award) by Sec Ed, an education publication.
Janet, who has been working at the school for over three years, said she was completely surprised and humbled by the award which was presented to her on Friday, January 14, by the editor of Sec Ed, Peter Henshaw, and members of Herts County Council’s education team.
Staff at the centre also sang their own song to Janet during the presentation to the tune of Hi Ho Silver Lining, and wore t-shirts commemorating the event.
Headteacher, Tracey Healy, said: “Janet is an amazing PA and demonstrates all the best qualities of quiet achievement, discretion, empathy, efficiency and sometimes just gives me a ‘nudge’ when I need to make a change or be aware of something. I am thrilled for her and it is what she deserves.
You may also want to watch:
“I wanted to celebrate and recognise the strengths of not only Janet but my administrative team.
“Admin workers are often forgotten within companies, yet they are often the key players for success.”
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 May 17th: Fighting Cocks landlord overjoyed to welcome customers back
- 3 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 4 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 5 St Albans' Caribbean community launches volcano relief fundraising campaign
- 6 Sustainable markets will top and tail annual St Albans eco-festival
- 7 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 8 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 9 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 10 Ver Valley walking group returns to enjoy the spring countryside