Artist pays a visit to St Albans infant school
CHILDREN at Fleetville Infant and Nursery School in St Albans enjoyed art lessons with a difference last week, after being visited by a professional artist.
Anne Schwegmann-Fielding is renowned for her passion in transforming old into new and spent a week at the school helping pupils with their art projects.
One of the major assignments was to design and make a mosaic installation for the entrance of the school on Royal Road.
The theme centred on the school’s initiative of teaching the children to care for each other and their environment. Most of the materials used were reused, recycled and reclaimed.
Headteacher Androulla Peek said: “We are absolutely delighted with the results and the children have had great fun all week working with Anne.
You may also want to watch:
“We are grateful to have been able to commission Anne, as a result of obtaining a grant from the Ernest Cooke Trust.”
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'