Artist pays a visit to St Albans infant school
CHILDREN at Fleetville Infant and Nursery School in St Albans enjoyed art lessons with a difference last week, after being visited by a professional artist.
Anne Schwegmann-Fielding is renowned for her passion in transforming old into new and spent a week at the school helping pupils with their art projects.
One of the major assignments was to design and make a mosaic installation for the entrance of the school on Royal Road.
The theme centred on the school’s initiative of teaching the children to care for each other and their environment. Most of the materials used were reused, recycled and reclaimed.
Headteacher Androulla Peek said: “We are absolutely delighted with the results and the children have had great fun all week working with Anne.
You may also want to watch:
“We are grateful to have been able to commission Anne, as a result of obtaining a grant from the Ernest Cooke Trust.”
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 7 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 10 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder