Apprentice winner Stella English hosts St Albans college awards
A CELEBRATION of success evening at a St Albans college was led by the UK’s most famous apprentice and St Albans resident, Stella English, last week.
Stella, the winner of hit BBC TV show The Apprentice last year, hosted Oaklands College’s annual award ceremony, Celebration of Success on Thursday.
The evening, which sees staff and students honoured for their achievements and successes over the past year, saw 30 awards doled out to some of the most inspirational members of the college community. Many of whom had faced touch personal challenges along the way.
Stella, Lord Alan Sugar’s apprentice, said it was a privilege to be involved. “Sometimes people can lose their way for a variety of reasons and it’s really heart-warming to know that places like Oaklands College exist.
“I know only too well from my own experiences that sometimes you need some support and when it’s not there, things can go horribly wrong. Putting on an evening like last week is really important to all people to have the recognition they deserve and I was very proud to be a part of that.”
You may also want to watch:
The 31-year-old said she believed the secret of success was all down to self belief, positive thinking and living in the here and now.
She also revealed it was actually one of her college teachers who had instilled in her the persevering qualities that had led her to where she was today. She said: “When I went to college for the second time I was going to leave but my teacher said that if I did, I would never finish anything and that realisation was a real turning point for me.”
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 5 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
Staff and students alike were charmed by the host who was recently appointed commercial manager for YouView, one of Lord Sugar’s business ventures.
Principal of Oaklands College, Zoe Hancock, said: “There was no better person to present the awards than Stella English.
“As the UK’s most famous apprentice, she has shown incredible grit, talent, perseverance and enthusiasm to achieve the success she has today and the students and staff were really inspired by her example and thrilled to meet her.”