Accolades for St Albans Young Enterprise team after success in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Two awards went to a St Albans secondary school at a Young Enterprise Trade Fair in Harpenden.
Over 100 students from schools in St Albans, Harpenden, Watford and Bushey who are running their own real companies for a year as part of the Young Enterprise Company programme, set up stalls as part of the town’s Christmas Carnival last month.
From behind notices that showed their company and school names they sold their products to many interested customers.
Marlborough School won the awards for best trade standand best customer service with Immanual College, Bushey, winning best overall company.
Joining Marlborough at the trade fair were teams from Sandringham School, St Albans High School, Loreto College and St Columba’s College, all in St Albans, and Sir John Lawes in Harpenden.
Jane Needham, Young Enterprise Manager for St Albans and Harpenden, said: “The event exceeded the expectations of the organiser, our judges, and the Young Enterprise volunteers. The level of professionalism, innovation and enthusiasm among our students was outstanding.”
She added: “Young Enterprise is totally reliant upon voluntary support of its work, so if you have some organisational skills and have an hour each week during term-time, we would love you to join our team of advisers to develop future generations of budding entrepreneurs.”
- 1 LIVE: St Albans and Harpenden A-level results 2022
- 2 'Minor explosions' heard during garage fire near St Albans
- 3 Franco Manca receives licence to serve alcohol in St Albans
- 4 Fresh call for safer crossing on route into city centre
- 5 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 6 'Get a grip on lawless Charter Market', traders demand in leaked audio
- 7 Refunds still due for cancelled Herts Fest event
- 8 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 13-year-old missing from Hemel Hempstead
- 10 St Albans Scout leaders heading to Korean Jamboree
To find out more call Jane on 0777 500 1437, or email email@example.com.