Accolades for St Albans Young Enterprise team after success in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Two awards went to a St Albans secondary school at a Young Enterprise Trade Fair in Harpenden.
Over 100 students from schools in St Albans, Harpenden, Watford and Bushey who are running their own real companies for a year as part of the Young Enterprise Company programme, set up stalls as part of the town’s Christmas Carnival last month.
From behind notices that showed their company and school names they sold their products to many interested customers.
Marlborough School won the awards for best trade standand best customer service with Immanual College, Bushey, winning best overall company.
Joining Marlborough at the trade fair were teams from Sandringham School, St Albans High School, Loreto College and St Columba’s College, all in St Albans, and Sir John Lawes in Harpenden.
You may also want to watch:
Jane Needham, Young Enterprise Manager for St Albans and Harpenden, said: “The event exceeded the expectations of the organiser, our judges, and the Young Enterprise volunteers. The level of professionalism, innovation and enthusiasm among our students was outstanding.”
She added: “Young Enterprise is totally reliant upon voluntary support of its work, so if you have some organisational skills and have an hour each week during term-time, we would love you to join our team of advisers to develop future generations of budding entrepreneurs.”
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
To find out more call Jane on 0777 500 1437, or email email@example.com.