A-Level Results 2015: Verulam School pupils off to Oxford
- Credit: photo supplied
Oxford University is the next step for two Verulam School pupils after they excelled in their A-Levels.
School captain Kieran Zielinski is looking forward to studying philosophy, politics and economics at Mansfield College at the prestigious institution, along with fellow student George Barnett, who will focus on engineering.
George and Kieran said: “Everyone has worked really hard over the last two years, and it has shown today!
“We both got into Oxford, but there are so many others who achieved just as much, if not more.
“We are only part of the continuing drive for excellence at Verulam School.”
You may also want to watch:
Headmaster Paul Ramsey, director of sixth form, Abha Miller, and sixth form head Robert Skipper congratulated all A-Level students this morning, along with Verulam staff and parents for their support.
Abha said: “I am delighted that 21 of our students achieved the top A* grade in mathematics or sciences.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
“It is good to see students tackling the most challenging subjects and doing so well.”