A-Level Results 2015: Verulam School pupils off to Oxford
- Credit: photo supplied
Oxford University is the next step for two Verulam School pupils after they excelled in their A-Levels.
School captain Kieran Zielinski is looking forward to studying philosophy, politics and economics at Mansfield College at the prestigious institution, along with fellow student George Barnett, who will focus on engineering.
George and Kieran said: “Everyone has worked really hard over the last two years, and it has shown today!
“We both got into Oxford, but there are so many others who achieved just as much, if not more.
“We are only part of the continuing drive for excellence at Verulam School.”
You may also want to watch:
Headmaster Paul Ramsey, director of sixth form, Abha Miller, and sixth form head Robert Skipper congratulated all A-Level students this morning, along with Verulam staff and parents for their support.
Abha said: “I am delighted that 21 of our students achieved the top A* grade in mathematics or sciences.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 10 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
“It is good to see students tackling the most challenging subjects and doing so well.”