A-Level results 2014: Verulam School St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A-Level students at Verulam School were rejoicing upon opening up their results this morning (Thursday).
The St Albans school achieved 23 all A/A* results, excelling particularly in Maths and Further Maths.
Head teacher, Paul Ramsey, said: “I am delighted that 23 of our candidates achieved the top A/A* grades.
“It is good to see students tackling the most challenging subjects and doing so well.”
Head of sixth form, Robert Skipper, was pleased that so many students gained places at prestigious universities including Cambridge and the Russell Group.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It is a testimony to the hard work of pupils, staff and supportive parents.”
- 1 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 2 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 6 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 7 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 8 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 9 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 10 A New York state of mind