A-Level Results 2014: Sandringham School in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Sandringham School was proud to announce another record year for A-Level results this morning as many students gained straight A*s and As.
Pupil Katie Pearce received three A*s and secured her place to study history at University of Cambridge.
James Riding will be attending University of Oxford to read English after achieving two A*s and an A, while Rachel Hegerty will head to University of Leeds to read sociology after receiving the same grades.
Matt Hamblin and Jess Poole both got one A* and two As and will study philosophy at University of Warwick and pharmacy at University of Nottingham respectively.
Meanwhile Sydney Burges achieved three As and will study geography at University of East Anglia.
You may also want to watch:
The majority of other results were the highest grades of A*/B.
Headteacher Alan Gray said: “We are really proud of every student – they have worked incredibly hard and excelled and are now able to move on to the next phase in their education.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 9 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
“Well done everyone and a very big thank you to all the staff for their exceptional teaching.”