A-Level Results 2014: Sandringham School in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Sandringham School was proud to announce another record year for A-Level results this morning as many students gained straight A*s and As.
Pupil Katie Pearce received three A*s and secured her place to study history at University of Cambridge.
James Riding will be attending University of Oxford to read English after achieving two A*s and an A, while Rachel Hegerty will head to University of Leeds to read sociology after receiving the same grades.
Matt Hamblin and Jess Poole both got one A* and two As and will study philosophy at University of Warwick and pharmacy at University of Nottingham respectively.
Meanwhile Sydney Burges achieved three As and will study geography at University of East Anglia.
The majority of other results were the highest grades of A*/B.
Headteacher Alan Gray said: “We are really proud of every student – they have worked incredibly hard and excelled and are now able to move on to the next phase in their education.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 10 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
“Well done everyone and a very big thank you to all the staff for their exceptional teaching.”