A-Level Results 2014: Head of Nicholas Breakspear “proud” of results
- Credit: Archant
Nicholas Breakspear School in St Albans “continues to move from strength-to-strength”, according to headteacher Declan Linnane.
Yesterday (Thursday) he said: “We are very pleased with this year’s A2 results, which show a significant improvement on last year.
“Our A* - B results moved up to 52 per cent from 34 per cent in the previous year and our A* - A results more than doubled moving from 13% up to 28%.
“Nicholas Breakspear’s A* - E results are 100 per cent. A number of our students will now move onto the next phases of their education at Oxford, Durham, Kings and Exeter Universities to name some of their future destinations.”
Clive Mathew, executive headteacher, added: “We are very proud of our students and wish them well for the future. They have worked very hard to achieve these great results.
You may also want to watch:
“We thank our parents and staff for their enormous support in helping them achieve their goals.
“Nicholas Breakspear continues to develop its provision and offer excellent opportunities, support and academic success for its young people.”
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25