A-Level Results 2014: Head of Nicholas Breakspear “proud” of results
- Credit: Archant
Nicholas Breakspear School in St Albans “continues to move from strength-to-strength”, according to headteacher Declan Linnane.
Yesterday (Thursday) he said: “We are very pleased with this year’s A2 results, which show a significant improvement on last year.
“Our A* - B results moved up to 52 per cent from 34 per cent in the previous year and our A* - A results more than doubled moving from 13% up to 28%.
“Nicholas Breakspear’s A* - E results are 100 per cent. A number of our students will now move onto the next phases of their education at Oxford, Durham, Kings and Exeter Universities to name some of their future destinations.”
Clive Mathew, executive headteacher, added: “We are very proud of our students and wish them well for the future. They have worked very hard to achieve these great results.
You may also want to watch:
“We thank our parents and staff for their enormous support in helping them achieve their goals.
“Nicholas Breakspear continues to develop its provision and offer excellent opportunities, support and academic success for its young people.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly