Easter Weekend Confuses Harpenden Motorist
AN EASTER timetable has left a Harpenden motorist confused about where he can park in the St Albans district over the four-day weekend. Planning to attend a Good Friday church service, Dr Barry Johnson of Magna Close rang The Parking Shop, which provides
AN EASTER timetable has left a Harpenden motorist confused about where he can park in the St Albans district over the four-day weekend.
Planning to attend a Good Friday church service, Dr Barry Johnson of Magna Close rang The Parking Shop, which provides advice and information on parking in St Albans, last Tuesday (30) to check what parking restrictions would apply.
He was told that the district council would be enforcing single and double yellow lines on Friday but nothing else "because Good Friday is a bank holiday".
But Dr Johnson, whose requests for written confirmation of the rules by email have yet to arrive, said that this confused the matter further because, despite the fact that banks would be closed, Good Friday was not a bank holiday.
You may also want to watch:
He added: "What really irritates me is that when I read my local paper, I see time and time again stories about law abiding St Albans district citizens who get caught out by peculiar parking clauses. So I am not prepared to risk parking in St Albans when I'm not sure of the conditions!"
A spokesperson for the district council confirmed that on Good Friday and Bank Holiday Monday all NCP district council car parks would be free, and Sunday restrictions would apply for residents' parking bays. On Easter Sunday, restrictions will be the same as any normal Sunday.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district