EastEnders’ Peggy Mitchell pops in to see Phil at St Albans panto
- Credit: Archant
TV’s favourite mother and son were reunited last week after swapping the Queen Vic for the Alban Arena.
Barbara Windsor, aka Peggy Mitchell of EastEnders, visited her on-screen son Steve McFadden, who plays Phil Mitchell, to see him star in the St Albans panto Jack and the Beanstalk.
Babs’ signature chuckle was heard around the Arena during the performance in which Steve starred as the evil and power hungry Fleshcreep.
The former EastEnders star came to support the Albert Square regular last Monday (29) and was very keen to sing the panto’s praises.
Chris Baker, marketing manager at the Alban Arena, said: “Barbara was fantastic and thoroughly enjoyed it.
You may also want to watch:
“She told me that she’s been in panto since she was 13 and as such normally comes away with tons of notes but on this occasion she didn’t have a single one.
“She thought there wasn’t a single weak link in the cast and that Evolution had made Jack and the Beanstalk into a great pantomime; normally it’s not one of her favourites.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
“I was in the auditorium at the end of the first half and when Steve appeared on the balcony for his Les Mis piece she let rip with a full-on Babs laugh which was brilliant!”
The panto had its final performance on Sunday (4) after a run of more than one month.