EastEnders episode at St Albans hotel
EAGLE-eyed EastEnders viewers would have spotted a local hotel as the backdrop for last night s episode of the show. Sopwell House Hotel in Cottonmill Lane, St Albans, featured in the soap as the destination of a luxury break for characters Peggy and Pat.
EAGLE-eyed EastEnders viewers would have spotted a local hotel as the backdrop for last night's episode of the show.
Sopwell House Hotel in Cottonmill Lane, St Albans, featured in the soap as the destination of a luxury break for characters Peggy and Pat.
While trying to book some spa treatments, the pair agree to be witnesses for a civil ceremony between two men but the proceedings don't run smoothly.
Peggy and Pat find themselves sitting in the hotel grounds advising the men about whether or not to press ahead with the commitment to each other.
You may also want to watch:
Following this, as the two women sit at the bar discussing Pat's recent revelation that she is moving to Spain, Ricky and Diane Butcher turn up out of the blue to bring them the news that their father, Frank, has died.
Mike Reid who played the famous character Frank Butcher in the show died last year and this week's EastEnders episodes are dedicated to his farewell.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public