Ducklings rescued from Piggottshill Lane by Harpenden town council officers
- Credit: Archant
A duck and her ducklings were rescued after they were spotted waddling along a Harpenden street.
A Harpenden Town Council officer, who lives in the area, spotted the animals in Piggottshill Lane on her way to work and began to chase after them.
Passers by reported seeing someone shepherding the ducks with their coat open.
With the help of the town council’s maintenance team, the officers corralled the ducklings and put them into a box.
They were then taken to an allotment in Piggottshill Lane, which was the nearest open space, to keep them out of danger.
You may also want to watch:
Their mum was quickly taken to join them and the ducks were left to their get on with their business.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden