Ducklings rescued from Piggottshill Lane by Harpenden town council officers
- Credit: Archant
A duck and her ducklings were rescued after they were spotted waddling along a Harpenden street.
A Harpenden Town Council officer, who lives in the area, spotted the animals in Piggottshill Lane on her way to work and began to chase after them.
Passers by reported seeing someone shepherding the ducks with their coat open.
With the help of the town council’s maintenance team, the officers corralled the ducklings and put them into a box.
They were then taken to an allotment in Piggottshill Lane, which was the nearest open space, to keep them out of danger.
You may also want to watch:
Their mum was quickly taken to join them and the ducks were left to their get on with their business.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues