Driver fled scene of Wheathampstead accident
POLICE have issued an appeal after a driver failed to stop at the scene of an accident on Friday (July 1).
The incident happened at around 4.20pm on Marford Road, near the Crooked Chimney Pub, and involved a green Piaggio scooter and what is described as a purple VW Golf GTI. The two vehicles collided while travelling in the same direction, towards Hatfield.
A 17-year-old man from Borehamwood, riding the scooter, sustained minor injuries to his leg but the VW driver failed to stop.
Pc Grant Duke, from the Road Policing Unit, said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident and can help explain what happened to come forward. Also, if you are the driver of the VW, I would encourage you to come forward.
“The VW would have damage to the rear nearside and a nearside wing mirror missing. If anyone has seen this vehicle or thinks they can identify the driver, I would also like to encourage them to get in touch.”
You may also want to watch:
Those with information are asked to call Pc Duke via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development