Driver fled scene of Wheathampstead accident
POLICE have issued an appeal after a driver failed to stop at the scene of an accident on Friday (July 1).
The incident happened at around 4.20pm on Marford Road, near the Crooked Chimney Pub, and involved a green Piaggio scooter and what is described as a purple VW Golf GTI. The two vehicles collided while travelling in the same direction, towards Hatfield.
A 17-year-old man from Borehamwood, riding the scooter, sustained minor injuries to his leg but the VW driver failed to stop.
Pc Grant Duke, from the Road Policing Unit, said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident and can help explain what happened to come forward. Also, if you are the driver of the VW, I would encourage you to come forward.
“The VW would have damage to the rear nearside and a nearside wing mirror missing. If anyone has seen this vehicle or thinks they can identify the driver, I would also like to encourage them to get in touch.”
Those with information are asked to call Pc Duke via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80