Driver fled scene of Wheathampstead accident
POLICE have issued an appeal after a driver failed to stop at the scene of an accident on Friday (July 1).
The incident happened at around 4.20pm on Marford Road, near the Crooked Chimney Pub, and involved a green Piaggio scooter and what is described as a purple VW Golf GTI. The two vehicles collided while travelling in the same direction, towards Hatfield.
A 17-year-old man from Borehamwood, riding the scooter, sustained minor injuries to his leg but the VW driver failed to stop.
Pc Grant Duke, from the Road Policing Unit, said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident and can help explain what happened to come forward. Also, if you are the driver of the VW, I would encourage you to come forward.
“The VW would have damage to the rear nearside and a nearside wing mirror missing. If anyone has seen this vehicle or thinks they can identify the driver, I would also like to encourage them to get in touch.”
You may also want to watch:
Those with information are asked to call Pc Duke via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district