Dragons’ Den-style Harpenden event raises £13,000 for Hertfordshire charities CHIPS, Resolve, The Gifts and ActOne ArtsBase
- Credit: Archant
A Dragons’ Den-style event in Harpenden raised more than £13,000 for Hertfordshire charities.
The Funding Network, which organises live crowdfunding events to raise money for good causes, staged the event at the Rothamsted Conference Centre in Harpenden.
Charities CHIPS, Resolve, The Gifted and ActOne ArtsBase pitched to the ‘dragons’ at the event on Thursday, June 8 for funding, which was attended by more than 80 residents and business people from the area.
As a result of their impressive pitches, many supported more than one cause.
Richard Sved organised the event with a group of volunteers, with support from Debenhams Ottaway, Grant Thornton, Kingston Smith and The Rothamsted Conference Centre.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I felt very emotional to have delivered another successful event, with four top-notch pitches and a whole lot of love and generosity in the room.
“We’re delighted to have expanded the reach of TFN across Hertfordshire and are already looking forward to helping more great causes at our next event.”
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space