Dragons’ Den-style Harpenden event raises £13,000 for Hertfordshire charities CHIPS, Resolve, The Gifts and ActOne ArtsBase
- Credit: Archant
A Dragons’ Den-style event in Harpenden raised more than £13,000 for Hertfordshire charities.
The Funding Network, which organises live crowdfunding events to raise money for good causes, staged the event at the Rothamsted Conference Centre in Harpenden.
Charities CHIPS, Resolve, The Gifted and ActOne ArtsBase pitched to the ‘dragons’ at the event on Thursday, June 8 for funding, which was attended by more than 80 residents and business people from the area.
As a result of their impressive pitches, many supported more than one cause.
Richard Sved organised the event with a group of volunteers, with support from Debenhams Ottaway, Grant Thornton, Kingston Smith and The Rothamsted Conference Centre.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I felt very emotional to have delivered another successful event, with four top-notch pitches and a whole lot of love and generosity in the room.
“We’re delighted to have expanded the reach of TFN across Hertfordshire and are already looking forward to helping more great causes at our next event.”
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden