Don’t miss out on your chance to take part in Herts 10K
- Credit: Archant
NEXT month Harpenden once again plays host to one of the country’s best-loved runs - the popular Herts 10K.
The event will take place on Sunday, October 13, setting off from Rothamsted Research at 10am.
Last year’s run was a sell-out success and raised over £100,000 for Rennie Grove Hospice Care. As well as contributing vital funds for local patient care, the event has encouraged entrants young and old to take up running as part of a healthy lifestyle.
The 10K route is a safe multi-terrain course, including country footpaths and public roads, with plenty of marshals to guide runners along the way. The event is open to walkers and runners of all ages and abilities.
Gillian Barnett, fundraising and marketing director at Rennie Grove Hospice Care, said, “The annual Herts 10K is our flagship fundraising event. We are delighted it has become so popular and we are proud to see people of all ages and abilities join together to support the hospice.
You may also want to watch:
“Last year the event sold out in advance of race day and there were many runners who were disappointed not to be able to join in. This year we would encourage people not to leave it until the last minute to register.”
Gillian added, “Over the years the Herts 10K has raised many thousands of pounds helping Rennie Grove to continue to provide vital care for local people living with cancer and life-limiting illness. Last year’s event raised enough to fund the salaries of three hospice nurses for a year – let’s aim for four this year.”
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
For further information and to register for the event visit www.herts10k.com where there are also tips on training and fundraising.