Don’t miss out on your chance to take part in Herts 10K
- Credit: Archant
NEXT month Harpenden once again plays host to one of the country’s best-loved runs - the popular Herts 10K.
The event will take place on Sunday, October 13, setting off from Rothamsted Research at 10am.
Last year’s run was a sell-out success and raised over £100,000 for Rennie Grove Hospice Care. As well as contributing vital funds for local patient care, the event has encouraged entrants young and old to take up running as part of a healthy lifestyle.
The 10K route is a safe multi-terrain course, including country footpaths and public roads, with plenty of marshals to guide runners along the way. The event is open to walkers and runners of all ages and abilities.
Gillian Barnett, fundraising and marketing director at Rennie Grove Hospice Care, said, “The annual Herts 10K is our flagship fundraising event. We are delighted it has become so popular and we are proud to see people of all ages and abilities join together to support the hospice.
“Last year the event sold out in advance of race day and there were many runners who were disappointed not to be able to join in. This year we would encourage people not to leave it until the last minute to register.”
Gillian added, “Over the years the Herts 10K has raised many thousands of pounds helping Rennie Grove to continue to provide vital care for local people living with cancer and life-limiting illness. Last year’s event raised enough to fund the salaries of three hospice nurses for a year – let’s aim for four this year.”
- 1 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 2 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Car and moped crash in St Albans
- 4 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 5 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 6 Call for hosepipe ban to protect River Ver
- 7 St Albans Striders brave the heat to tackle numerous races
- 8 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 9 Could community banking hub open in Harpenden?
- 10 Fresh call for safer crossing on route into city centre
For further information and to register for the event visit www.herts10k.com where there are also tips on training and fundraising.