Attempted burglary interrupted by dog in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A burglar was disturbed by a dog as he attempted to break into a house in St Albans.
The burglary took place in Garden House Lane between 2.40pm and 2.50pm on Tuesday, November 13, and police are appealing for information and witnesses.
A man attempted to force open a window and climbed onto the roof of the building, but was disturbed by a neighbour’s dog barking. He then went off into the grounds.
The burglar is described as white, wearing a dark hoodie and carrying a rucksack.
A metal bird feeder pole was stolen from the garden.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Tony Kong, from the St Albans Local Crime Unit, said: “I am keen to hear from anyone who lives in the area and may have seen any suspicious activity on the evening of the offence.
“Any witnesses or anyone with information can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the non-emergency number 101, by quoting reference 41/55797/18.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
“You can also report information online at https://www.herts.police.uk/Report”