Attempted burglary interrupted by dog in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A burglar was disturbed by a dog as he attempted to break into a house in St Albans.
The burglary took place in Garden House Lane between 2.40pm and 2.50pm on Tuesday, November 13, and police are appealing for information and witnesses.
A man attempted to force open a window and climbed onto the roof of the building, but was disturbed by a neighbour’s dog barking. He then went off into the grounds.
The burglar is described as white, wearing a dark hoodie and carrying a rucksack.
A metal bird feeder pole was stolen from the garden.
Det Con Tony Kong, from the St Albans Local Crime Unit, said: “I am keen to hear from anyone who lives in the area and may have seen any suspicious activity on the evening of the offence.
“Any witnesses or anyone with information can contact me at email@example.com or through the non-emergency number 101, by quoting reference 41/55797/18.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 7 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 8 'Entertaining and moving' dark comedy After Electra coming to the Abbey Theatre stage
- 9 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
- 10 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
“You can also report information online at https://www.herts.police.uk/Report”