Dog dies from burns in St Albans
A DOG has died from injuries it sustained after having a chemical poured over it in St Albans.
The RSPCA is investigating after a springer spaniel was found with her stomach and head covered in creosote, a wood preservative, from which it suffered chemical burns, near the London Road cemetery.
Inspector Kirsry Withnall said: “To be deliberately burnt like this is an unimaginably cruel thing to do to any animal.”
A passerby discovered the small female springer spaniel still alive and took her to a nearby vet, but the dog died from her burns shortly afterwards.
The spaniel, who was brown and white, had been bred from and was about four years old.
She was found at lunchtime on Tuesday November 20.
Kirsty said the RSPCA is seeking information that might lead to the identification of the dog’s owner.
- 1 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 4 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 5 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
- 9 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
She added: “If you saw anything suspicious in that area or simply know someone who has lost a springer spaniel, please call our inspectorate appeal line on 0300 123 8018.”