Dog dies from burns in St Albans
A DOG has died from injuries it sustained after having a chemical poured over it in St Albans.
The RSPCA is investigating after a springer spaniel was found with her stomach and head covered in creosote, a wood preservative, from which it suffered chemical burns, near the London Road cemetery.
Inspector Kirsry Withnall said: “To be deliberately burnt like this is an unimaginably cruel thing to do to any animal.”
A passerby discovered the small female springer spaniel still alive and took her to a nearby vet, but the dog died from her burns shortly afterwards.
The spaniel, who was brown and white, had been bred from and was about four years old.
She was found at lunchtime on Tuesday November 20.
Kirsty said the RSPCA is seeking information that might lead to the identification of the dog’s owner.
- 1 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 2 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 5 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 6 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 9 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
She added: “If you saw anything suspicious in that area or simply know someone who has lost a springer spaniel, please call our inspectorate appeal line on 0300 123 8018.”