‘Dog Day’ at Christopher Place shopping centre in St Albans
- Credit: Pic supplied
A St Albans shopping centre will host a ‘Dog Day’ this weekend, including stalls and training sessions.
Four-legged visitors will take centre stage at Christopher Place from 10.30am until 3pm on Saturday (9), with the help of Glendee Rescue.
Glendee, based in Welham Green, will be bringing a selection of its dogs which are in need of homes, as well as offering free mini ‘clicker’ training sessions throughout the day so that visiting dogs can learn a new trick.
Its representatives will also give advice on pet adoption and talk about the cats Glendee has available at present.
One of its former rescue dogs Wilf, a two year old working sheepdog (Border Collie), is currently featuring on the Sky television series Dogs Might Fly and has found a loving new home in the West Country.
You may also want to watch:
The fundraising team is headed by Rachael Temple and supported by many people, including volunteer Debbie Jeater who organised Dog Day at Christopher Place.
Glendee Rescue has been running for just over three years and takes dogs from local pounds when they have been picked up as strays after being abandoned by their owners.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
Recently a summerhouse was put up in the rescue paddock at Glendee to enable ‘aunties and uncles’ to sit quietly with the dogs, and the charity is in the process of putting together a sensory garden with the help of local businesses and volunteers, which should be completed by the end of May.
Christopher Place has a number of events planned for the coming months including a Lego day, fun fair and live music.