Do you know anything about attack to elderly man with his own walking stick?
- Credit: Archant
Police searching for the thugs who attacked an elderly man with his own walking stick have made a renewed appeal for information.
The victim, a man in his 70s, was woken up by a noise in his home in Orchard Close, Radlett, at around 1.30am on Christmas Eve.
When he investigated two intruders took his walking stick and hit him over the head, inflicting minor injuries, before leaving empty-handed.
They were tall and wearing dark clothing with hoods and balaclavas.
The victim was shaken but not seriously hurt.
You may also want to watch:
A month after the incident, investigating officer Det Con Ben Heath has urged witnesses to come forward: “Thankfully the victim was not seriously hurt but understandably it has left him very shaken.
“We are still working hard to identify those responsible for this burglary and we have already explored a number of avenues, but I would urge anyone who may have seen a group of men matching the description loitering in the area or running away from the scene around the time stated to please get in touch if they have not done so already.”
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 10 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
Anyone with information should call 101 with reference J1/17/5432 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.