DJ Jon is Hertfordshire's longest-serving music quizmaster
A DJ who quizzes music buffs in St Albans every week has earned himself the title of longest-serving music quizmaster in the county. Jon Kutner, aged 46, has been running a music quiz on Tuesday nights at The Crown Pub in St Albans for 17 years and said
A DJ who quizzes music buffs in St Albans every week has earned himself the title of longest-serving music quizmaster in the county.
Jon Kutner, aged 46, has been running a music quiz on Tuesday nights in St Albans for 17 years, currently based at The Crown in Hatfield Road, and said that he could still come up with new and exciting questions for his punters.
Jon, who DJ'd at this month's St Albans Food & Drink Awards Ceremony, landed his first job with Radio 1 when he was still a teenager and has stayed within the music industry ever since.
As well as running music quizzes for so long, Jon's achievements also include playing at several London clubs, party planning and co-writing three editions of The Complete Book Of The British Charts, which first came out in the late 1990s.
You may also want to watch:
Jon, who lives in Hoddesdon, said that music was his passion: "It's my whole life really. When I'm not asking my music quiz questions, I'm inventing new ones in my mind. My garage is stuffed full of music and I can't imagine it being any other way."
Jon, whose ambition is to own every record that made the charts, also runs a pub music quiz at The Plough & Harrow in Harpenden on Thursday evenings and his session at The Kings Arms in Bedford is the longest-running music quiz in the country.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 10 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
Jon said that he aimed to entertain with his quizzes: "I've managed to keep St Albans pubgoers on their toes for 17 years and I don't intend to stop now! My quizzes are always diverse and up-to-date and I'd recommend them for all music lovers."
To find out more about Jon and where he runs his music quizzes, check out www.jonkutner.com
Some sample questions from Jon...
1) Name the two surviving original members of the Beatles?
2) What's the biggest selling single in the UK NOT to make number one on the chart?
3) Which chart-topping artist from 2009 was born Stefani Germanotta?
1) Paul McCartney and Pete Best.
2) Wham - Last Christmas.
3) Lady Gaga.