Disruption to Wheathampstead water supply
- Credit: Archant
Affinity Water’s repair team is currently working to fix a burst water main in Station Road, Wheathampstead.
The water supply to various streets in the AL4 area of Wheathampstead has been affected.
Affinity Water states: “If you are in the above area and are experiencing problems with your water supply, we currently have a burst water main on Station Road which may be affecting you.
“Our repair team are on site and the work to fix the damaged water main is now under way. We anticipate the work should take approximately two hours.
“During this time we ask you not to use any electrical appliances that require a water supply, for example washing machines or dishwashers and to conserve water from storage tanks during the time your water supply is interrupted.
You may also want to watch:
“If you do still have a supply, we would advise you to store some water for drinking, in case your water has to be switched off for a repair to be completed.
“We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and aim to restore your supply to normal as soon as possible.”
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash