Disruption to Wheathampstead water supply
- Credit: Archant
Affinity Water’s repair team is currently working to fix a burst water main in Station Road, Wheathampstead.
The water supply to various streets in the AL4 area of Wheathampstead has been affected.
Affinity Water states: “If you are in the above area and are experiencing problems with your water supply, we currently have a burst water main on Station Road which may be affecting you.
“Our repair team are on site and the work to fix the damaged water main is now under way. We anticipate the work should take approximately two hours.
“During this time we ask you not to use any electrical appliances that require a water supply, for example washing machines or dishwashers and to conserve water from storage tanks during the time your water supply is interrupted.
You may also want to watch:
“If you do still have a supply, we would advise you to store some water for drinking, in case your water has to be switched off for a repair to be completed.
“We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and aim to restore your supply to normal as soon as possible.”
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests