Disappointing return of speed humps in Harpenden road
RESIDENTS had cause to celebrate when the speed humps on a Harpenden road were taken up – but their delight has been short-lived. The humps in Crabtree Lane were removed when it was resurfaced nearly two months ago and that led to the belief that they had
RESIDENTS had cause to celebrate when the speed humps on a Harpenden road were taken up - but their delight has been short-lived.
The humps in Crabtree Lane were removed when it was resurfaced nearly two months ago and that led to the belief that they had been removed for good.
One resident, Alan Hall, of Gilpin Green, said it was a pleasure to drive home up Crabtree Lane now that it has been resurfaced and the humps removed.
He went on: "It is no longer necessary to divert via alternative devious routes in order to avoid having ones car and person shaken to pieces"
You may also want to watch:
But Mr Hall and his fellow residents will be disappointed - the road humps are coming back.
A spokesperson for Herts Highways said that the speed cushions were taken up when the road was resurfaced but it was only temporary.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
She went on: "We have been investigating different materials for the replacement cushions and are currently awaiting the delivery of new rubber speed cushions."
They are due to be installed some time next week.